The P1 engine heater is designed to create cooling system temperature prior to starting the engine. It is not designed to heat the engine to normal operating temperature.
P1 Engine Heater Installation Precautions:
The P1 engine heater when connected to the engine system must be installed 20-40cm below the highest point in the cooling system.
Setting up the P1 Engine Heater
- After removing the engine heater from packaging ensure that the -8 fittings are securely installed to the remote engine heater with thread sealant to prevent coolant leakage. This should be done at the factory but CHECK!
- Install -8 lines to remote engine heater
- Install 1 x -8 quick release fitting to outlet hose. Direction of flow is indicated on the remote engine heater with an ARROW.
- Fill remote engine heater with coolant via the inlet hose until full ensuring all air is exhausted from the remote engine heater.
- Once filled with coolant install the remaining quick release fitting to hose. This will then “seal” the system until connected to the engine.
Connecting the P1 Engine Heater to engine
Connect hoses to remote engine mounting via quick release fittings ensuring that fittings are securely engaged and locked. FAILURE to connect can cause coolant loss.
- Connect power cable to power source and switch on.
- Once power is applied to unit a “buzz” may be heard indicating that the heater pump is operating. This may decrease after a “run in” period but is normal.
- If the remote engine heater stops working after only a few seconds this will be due to air present in the system. Evacuate all the air from the system and proceed with caution. Failure to evacuate air from the system WILL CAUSE PUMP FAILURE!
**Any leaks in the cooling system will cause pump failure!**
- Ensure that the P1 engine heater has a stable power supply source. Unstable power supply can cause internal damage to the unit.
- If the heater gets hot very quickly after start up, switch off immediately to prevent further damage. The possible cause is air in the system.
- Ensure that the P1 engine heater is operated periodically during the offseason to ensure correct operation is maintained. Failure to operate could cause pump failure.
- DO NOT operate P1 engine heater prior to being connected to a cooling circuit. If power is applied to unit without being connected DAMAGE WILL OCCUR!
- Ensure that the P1 engine heater is protected from external water. This is an electrical device and any external water entering the unit may cause failure.